verse publications offers workshops on all aspects of professional production of film & games, ranging from game design to scriptwriting.
In 2014, Jane Espenson & Brad Bell (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Battlestar Galactica, Once Upon A Time) led our workshop on scriptwriting for TV & Film.
In 2015 Ed Stern & Georg Backer (Enemy Territory, Brink, Dirty Bomb, Fable) held a workshop on writing story for story-unfriendly environments such as multiplayer games.
In 2016, Richard Dansky (Vampire: The Masquerade, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, Wraith d20) led the workshop on: writing in a team, being part of a larger production, meeting demands of a professional environment.
In 2017, Chris Avellone (Planescape Torment, Pillars Of Eternity, Fallout 2) told us a little bit about: Structuring a hierarchy in a team, knowing the writers role & the story role, knowing your boundaries, technical and aesthetic.
Our next workshop "Art for Games: Facing The Business" with Tramell Isaac will be on the 14th-15th of October 2017 in the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna.
In this edition of the "X For Games" workshop series, Tramell Ray Isaac is going to talk about game company office culture, management issues & how to be a better employee/manager specific to the games industry; as well as share his experience in art direction on a more practical level, in this two day workshop.
For the first time in the series, the two days of the workshop will be split up in topics:
- How to Remain Creative in a Team: facing Production Hurdles or Limitations
- Structuring the Hierarchy within a Team
- Managers and How to Deal with Them/Be Them (and Not A Dick)
- Speaking the Language
- How to Art in spite of insane requirements
- Defining the role of the art director within a production
- Concept Development as a Group: Refining the Process
- Facing the usual pitfalls when approaching the industry as an artist